We all lose passwords, it happens to the best of us, this is why we created the paper wallet. As a backup or safeguard if your passkey is misplaced. In this article we are going to review what a paper wallet is and how to go about creating one.
A paper wallet is exactly that, it is a set of recovery keys that are printed on a piece of paper and can be kept in a offline location for safe keeping. We recommend all META 1 users create a paper wallet and keep it in a safe off-line location like a safe, with a loved one or in a safety deposit box. This is like the backup key to your safe, it needs to be stored in a very safe place.
There are two ways of setting up a paper wallet, you can do so in the META LITE Wallet or on the META EXCHANGE. We will review both options.
Setting up a Paper Wallet on the META EXCHANGE
1. Log into your META EXCHANGE account (see How to Login into your META Exchange Account)
2. Click the blue hamburger menu on the upper right-hand corner
3. Click on Advanced, then click on Settings
4. Click on Accounts, then select View Keys
5. Click on Create Paper Wallet on the upper right-hand corner of the screen
6. Download your paper wallet
Frequently Asked Questions
Can't find the answer you're looking for? We've shared some of our most frequently asked questions to help you out!